I-9 Training & Instructions
Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Training and Instructions
I-9 Basic User Training Video
I-9 Decision Tree
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form and Acceptable Document
Step by Step I-9 Instructions
I-9 Employee Number/A-number
Adding Social Security Number
Foreign Employee I-9 Help
**NEW 2017 Form I-9 Changes**
Remote I-9 Process
When Utah State University hires a new employee, and that employee is unable to meet with the department or the business service representative for the college to complete the federally mandated form I-9, the Office of Human Resources can set up a remote access to complete the form I-9 for the new employee.
Remote access for the form I-9 can only be done if the following conditions are met:
- The employee lives outside of Cache County and the surrounding areas.
- The employee will not be on main campus Logan, Utah at least three (3) days prior to the employee’s start date.
- The employee currently lives in the United States.
- The employee is a documented US Citizen.
How Remote I-9 works:
- When an employee cannot meet in person due to physical location, the employee has the responsibility to indicate to their business service representative that they cannot meet prior to their start date.
- The business service representative may offer to set up a remote access. If remote access for the form I-9 needs to be set up, the business service representative is responsible for collecting the information of the new employee, and the individual that will be completing section 2 of the form I-9. The Office of Human Resources strongly encourages that the business service representative work with each new hire to find an individual that will properly represent the university. A professional representative is preferred, however, a family member or friend may be used.
You may also consider visiting the CUPA website, which has an I-9 Reciprocal Processing Consortium webpage that may help locate an individual, by zip code, to help complete section 2.
- After the employee and department have identified a representative for the university to complete section 2, it is then the responsibility of the business service representative to email the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com requesting remote access for the form I-9. The email must include a completed remote access request form.
- The Office of Human Resources will then set up remote access for the form I-9. Guardian, the USU I-9 system, will then send the new employee an email for section 1 and the USU Representative section 2. Please note: The employee must complete section 1 before section 2 can be opened or completed.
- Once section 1 and 2 have been completed the employee must fax or mail a copy of all supporting documents used in section 2 to the Office of Human Resources. Please fax documents to 435-797-1816 or mail to 8800 Old Main Hill, Logan Utah, 84322.
- The Office of Human Resources will upload documents to the electronic form I-9, then send the completed form to E-Verify. When the process is completed, the Office of Human Resources will notify the business service representative.
Please submit requests for remote access for the form I-9 to the Office of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the HR Solutions Center: (435) 797-0122 or email@example.com