Life and Disability Insurance
There are many places where you will have a beneficiary: The Hartford Life Insurance, Zurich AD&D, your Retirement Vendors and Utah State University
If you would like to know who your beneficiary is with your Retirement accounts you will need to contact that vendor directly by calling them or logging into your account. If you would like to know who your beneficiary is with USU, Zurich or The Hartford you can call (435) 797-0122
- To change your beneficiary with your retirement contact that vendor directly
- To change your beneficiary with Zurich turn in the Zurich Form and fill out only the top section and from beneficiary designation and below
- To change your beneficiary with The Hartford Life Insurance: the most accurate way to do beneficiary designation would be through The Hartford Life Insurance system during open enrollment. If you have any beneficiary change outside open enrollment you may turn in this form which will be kept in your file. You are responsible to then make the beneficiary change in The Hartford system during the next open enrollment
- To change your beneficiary for the USU Death benefit please complete the USU Beneficiary Form
How to make changes to life insurance:
If you experience a qualifying life event, you, your spouse and eligible children may enroll or make changes to your life insurance within 30 days of the effective date of the event.
A life event is:
- Loss of coverage
- Change in employment classification from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time
To make changes, log on to The Hartford at https://enroll.thehartfordatwork.com/Enroll and follow the website directions to complete the process.
If you need assistance or have questions call HR Solutions Center 435-797-0122.
Summary Plan Documents