New Employee Information
As a new employee in a fully benefited position at Utah State University, you are eligible for many great benefits. Please download and review The New Employee Packet, or browse the HR Benefits website to learn more about your benefits and other resources available to you. In addition to your annual salary, the approximate value of your benefits package is 45%. All benefits and coverage are effective on your date of hire.
Join us for New Employee Orientation!
Our New Employee Orientation will be a resource to you as you learn about your benefits and become more familiar with USU. This session covers history, policy, resources, and benefits. There will be a light breakfast and lunch provided by USU Dining Services.
*This Orientation class is currently only available for benefitted employees on our Logan campus.
The Skyroom Restaurant on the Fourth Floor of the Taggart Student Center (please take elevator).
Wednesdays from 8:15 AM- 12:00PM (Scheduled dates are listed in the registration form on the button below).
Click the image below to access map
Located: Taggart Student Center - 4th Floor
New Employee Benefit Registration Guide
- Read about your benefits in The New Employee Packet.
- Attend New Employee Orientation
- Within 30 days from date of hire, please complete and return all required forms to: Human Resources, 8800 Old Main Hill, Logan Utah 84322; Fax: (435) 797-1816; or hand deliver to Human Resources building on the corner of 1200 East 700 North. Note: Forms cannot be accepted without all appropriate documentation (birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.)
- Enroll online with the retirement vendor of your choice:
Other Important Steps
- Receive your email from The Hartford and follow the directions to make elections
- Contact HR if you have not received this within 2 weeks of starting your new job
- Voluntary Benefits
- Purchase a Parking Pass
- Mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Online Driver's Training
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouse Card Information
- USU Staff Employee Association (SEA)
- Sustainability Programs & Alternative Transportation
If you have any questions or concerns about your benefits please call the HR Solutions Center (435) 797-0122.