New Employee Information
As a new employee in a fully benefited position at Utah State University, you are eligible for many great benefits. Please download and review The New Employee Packet, or browse the HR Benefits website to learn more about your benefits and other resources available to you. In addition to your annual salary, the approximate value of your benefits package is 45%. All benefits and coverage are effective on your date of hire.
*Due to Covid-19, USU has temporarily postponed all in-person HR facilitated New Employee Orientation Classes. We apologize for the inconvenience. We encourage you to review the resources on our webpage and contact our office with any questions or concerns.
We are providing online courses via Zoom/Webex for benefit eligible employees who report to the Main Logan Campus.
Please visit this link to schedule a live online orientation session via Zoom.
Once you are logged in with your A-number and password (via SSO) you can select a session that works with your schedule by clicking explore, and then the blue enroll button.
New Employee Orientation Online Slides
We encourage you to review the resources on our webpage and contact our office with any questions or concerns.
New Employee Benefit Registration Guide
- Read about your benefits in The New Employee Packet.
- Attend New Employee Orientation
- Within 30 days from date of hire, please complete and return all required forms to: Human Resources, 8800 Old Main Hill, Logan Utah 84322; Fax: (435) 797-1816; or hand deliver to Human Resources building on the corner of 1200 East 700 North. Note: Forms cannot be accepted without all appropriate documentation (birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.)
- Enroll online with the retirement vendor of your choice:
Other Important Steps
- Receive your email from The Hartford and follow the directions to make elections
- Contact HR if you have not received this within 2 weeks of starting your new job
- Voluntary Benefits
- Purchase a Parking Pass
- Mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevention Training- To fulfill this requirement, employees can either attend an in-person training or view a live web broadcast of the training. Information about the fall 2020 employee training schedule will be emailed to supervisors and applicable employees by mid-August.
- Online Driver's Training
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouse Card Information
- USU Staff Employee Association (SEA)
- Sustainability Programs & Alternative Transportation
If you have any questions or concerns about your benefits please call the HR Solutions Center (435) 797-0122.