Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The University encourages employees experiencing personal, emotional, or stressful issues in their work or personal life to seek professional assistance. Such issues could include:
- Emotional or work-life concerns
- Financial problems such as debt and tax questions
- Legal resources for power of attorney, divorce, or others
These issues can impair work performance and impact fellow workers, but with early intervention and proper support, most employees can fully function at work and at home, thus improving their well-being and work-life balance.
USU has partnered with The Hartford to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits via ComPsych GuidanceResources® to benefited employees at USU.
ComPsych’s GuidanceResources® provides:
- Confidential Emotional and Work-Life Counseling - Eligible employees and their families can receive confidential counseling with highly trained master’s and doctoral level clinicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The EAP offers unlimited telephonic access and up to three in-person counseling sessions per occurrence per year at no cost.
- Financial Information and Resources – Certified Public Accountants and Certified Financial Planners are available to answer financial questions.
- Legal Support and Resources – Attorneys are available to provide information about legal matters such as divorce and family law, debt and bankruptcy, and real estate transactions.
- Health Champion - This service supports you through all aspects of your health care issues by helping to ensure that you are fully supported with employee assistance programs and/or work-life services. Health Champion is staffed by both administrative and clinical experts who understand the nuances of any given health care concern.
- Ability Assistance Informational PDF
Employees can reach Guidance Resources by:
- Calling 1-800-964-3577
- Logging on to guidanceresources.com Register with Company Web ID: HLF902.
- In the “Company Name” field, enter: ABILI
- After selecting “Ability Assist Program”, you will create a profile with a user name and password.