Aetna Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Resources For Living
Aetna Resources For Living is an employer sponsored program, available at no cost to you and all members of your household. That includes dependent children up to age 26, whether or not they live at home. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can access up to 6 counseling sessions per issue each year. You can also call Aetna 24 hours a day for in-the-moment emotional well-being support. Counseling sessions are available face to face or online with televideo.
- Up to 6 face-to-face sessions per issue per year
- Legal (30-minute consultation per issue/60-minute ID Theft Consultation for victims of ID theft)
- Financial (30-minute telephonic consultation per issue)
- Daily life assistance provides personalized guidance and referrals for child care, parenting, elder care, caregiver support, special needs, home repair and improvement, school and financial aid research, etc.
- Online resources include articles, videos, myStrength, legal/financial tools, webinars, discount center, etc.
To access Aetna EAP services:
Phone: 1-888-238-6232, TTY: 711
SafeUT Smartphone App
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
SafeUT: SafeUT answers crisis calls, and chats—about yourself or someone else—24/7. These free services, provided by University of Utah Health, are confidential. Our counseling topics include:
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues;
- Suicide prevention;
- Loss and grief;
- Bullying and cyberbullying;
- Drug and alcohol problems;
- Relationship difficulties;
- Any life challenge.
SafeUT is free and confidential.
If an “active rescue” is necessary – meaning our crisis counselor believes the user is in immediate danger – the counselor will alert emergency services to attempt a face-to-face safety evaluation based on the information provided by the user.
Key Features of SafeUT
The SafeUT program and app help youth stay healthy and safe in schools by providing high-quality, confidential counseling services. The app’s key features include:
- Confidential and password-protected services
- Free to use and download (standard date usage and rates may apply)
- Real-time, two-way communication with SafeUT crisis counselors available 24/7
- Tips can be submitted with picture and/or video
- Compatibility with Apple & Android devices