I-9 Training & Instructions
Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Training and Instructions
Tracker I-9 Complete Manual
I-9 Work Authorization Training Document
Section 3 Training Document
List of Acceptable Documents
Reciprocal Remote I-9 Email Template
Remote Section 2 Representative Email Template
USCIS Website- I-9 Eligibility Verification Form and Acceptable Document
Foreign Employee I-9 Help
Tracker I-9 Reports Training
**NEW 2017 Form I-9 Changes**
Remote I-9 Process
When Utah State University hires a new employee, and that employee is unable to meet with the department or the college business service representative to complete the federally mandated form I-9, the business service representative can set up a remote access to complete the form I-9 for the new employee.
Remote access for the form I-9 can only be done if the following conditions are met:
- The employee lives outside of Cache County and the surrounding areas.
- The employee will not be on Logan main campus at least three (3) days prior to the employee’s start date.
- The employee currently lives in the United States.
How Remote I-9 works:
- When an employee cannot meet in person due to physical location, the employee has the responsibility to indicate to their business service representative that they cannot meet prior to their start date.
- The business service representative may offer to set up a remote access. If remote access for the form I-9 needs to be set up, the business service representative is responsible for collecting the information of the new employee, and the individual that will be completing section 2 of the form I-9. The Office of Human Resources strongly encourages that the business service representative work with each new hire to find an individual that will properly represent the university. A professional representative is preferred, however, a family member or friend may be used as a last resort.
You may contact HR (435-797-0122 or email@example.com) to get a list of approved Institutions to act as a USU Representative for section 2. Please provide a zip code where the employee is located.
- After the employee has identified a representative for the university to complete section 2, it is then the responsibility of the business service representative to create a new form I-9 in Tracker using the Create Remote Access Form I-9- Section 1 & Section 2 Option. Here you will enter the employees start date, email addresses for both parties, first and last name of the Section 2 representative, and Employer Representative Title: USU Representative.
- Tracker, the USU I-9 system, will then send the new employee an email for section 1 and the USU Representative Section 2. Please note: The employee must complete section 1 before section 2 can be opened or completed.
- If the representative is using a mobile device they will be able to upload pictures of the documents. If they are not able to upload the documents you will need to collect pictures of these documents either via fax or a secured Box file. Once you receive the picture of the documents you can upload them into Section 2, accept the I-9 and it will be sent through to E-verify
Please send questions about the form I-9 to the Office of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Solutions Center: (435) 797-0122